Sunday 23 October 2011

The Dream of October 23

Right, so James has started blogging (there's a link under "The Doctor Prescribes") and I've been thinking I should resurrect this thing. I've been a bit short on dreams, lately, but I do remember a fair amount of the one from last night.

I was in my mum's flat and we were packing things up to move somewhere. I knew I could only pack a few things because I had to go somewhere first and meet up with my mum (and presumably my brother) in the new place a couple of days later. At no point while this was being planned did I seem to stop and think about where I was going since I couldn't help them with the actual move.

At some stage I must have set out, though, because I had a backpack full of equipment and I somehow materialised on an alien spaceship which was threatening the planet. While I'm not entirely sure why I was there I can only presume I was planting some sort of explosives or other destructive materials, but the part I was focusing my efforts on was getting out of there again.
There were three floors of the spaceship and people were living on it and walking around. They looked like humans but I'm not sure that they were. On the other hand the thought that they may not have been did not seem to bother me particularly. I could identify the military forces of the aliens without too much difficulty, they were dressed in black, wore helmets and some type of masks across the lower halves of their faces armed with what looked like rail guns out of Quake (but attached by tubes to some kind of containers they carried on their backs).
While I could blend in with the civilians it seemed that if I made eye contact with any of the soldiers they could identify that I was not one of them.
On each floor there were two points with some type of control panels with points where I could connect the equipment I carried which could teleport me back to earth. I had cables which looked a bit like XLR and they connected to a handset I needed to speak into to confirm that I where I wanted to travel to, but I needed to get to one of these control panels in order to travel. Some kind of message through the speaker system seemed to announce that everyone had to gather in meeting rooms on each floor, making it a lot harder to merely walk to the control panels without drawing attention to myself. I walked along with the other people trying to turn corners and pass behind anything which would hide me from view whenever I saw the soldiers approach in the crowd.
One of the civilians seemed to have noticed me, because he looked at me intently, but did not alert the others to my presence. He had long hair in a pony-tail and had a little bit of an "hippy" air about him. Somehow he also seemed to stand out from the rest of them, but not even the guards seemed to pay any attention to him. Eventually I had managed to get to one of the control panels and I was digging through my backpack for the cables I needed when the guards spotted me. They walked up to me and aimed their weapons at me and fired.
I presume I died, but I can't be sure as the spaceship part of the dream then started over - nearly as if I were in a computer game and had another few lives to use. I restarted my mission and again it ended with me being shot by the guards. This kept repeating but it was never the same twice, I would be shot at different locations in the ship and I encountered different things. The man who had observed me appeared each time and as the dreams progress the encounters were longer. It eventually became clear that he was a human earthling, like me. I was never quite sure what he was doing there, but he was never able to save my life from the guards and I don't know if they also killed him.
A few more "attempts" at the dream in he seemed to have fallen in love with one of the women on the ship and wanted to bring her back to earth with us. Again, it kept repeating a few more times as we tried to break free and bring this woman with us.

Eventually, we managed to connect the cables and speak the instructions for transporting us to my mum's new flat just as guards were approaching to kill us for the umpteenth time.


Not the best dream ever but if I'm going to try to start this blog up again we may need to have to ease into it.

No comments: